Heather Filipowicz Professional Experience
Heather Filipowicz- Professional Experience
Executive Summary: Passionate champion of startups and entrepreneurs. Proven transformer of online communities and small to mid-size businesses. With over 17 years of executive leadership building/directing high performance teams and strategies, driving revenue growth, improving business processes/structure.
Support Startups & Entrepreneurs • Public Relations/Communications • New Business Launches
Team Building (Virtual/InPerson) • Marketing Strategies/Social Media • Process Improvement
Collaborative Partnerships • Product/Program Development • Change Management
Freelancer 2014- Present
Online Business Management, Social Media Strategy & Content Writer
Providing high-quality, high-impact support for virtual entrepreneurs, for-profit companies and non-profit entities.
- Writing and developing high quality web copy that includes WordPress editing, SEO, social media and backlinks strategies
- Supporting virtual entrepreneurs with strategic planning, correspondence, client services, project management, systems creation and development
- Social Media strategy and support including scheduling posts, writing copy and responding to interactions
- Completed a successful Thunderclap campaign with over 300,000 impressions
- Streamlined operational practices to support an increase in client retention and sales
- Executive level support for business vision and decision making by creating an action plan and steps to make the vision a reality
- Community Management within Facebook Groups ranging from 600-18,000 members, alongside the community aspect of a Membership Community
- Clients include Screw the Nine to Five, Sarah Jenks, Isabel Hundt, DoJiggy Fundraising Software, Amanda Bond: The Ads Strategist, Chasing Dreams and Littles & Lotus Pond Yoga Studio.
Sassy Inspiration – Owner, Writer, Coach, Yoga Instructor 2014- Present
Coaching practice and blog aimed at empowering women to uncover personal or professional aspirations. Then act as a catalyst for action through coaching clients to determine specific steps needed to progress toward or achieve their goal.
- Writing and developing authentic blog content intended to energize others to take action
- Supporting entrepreneurs and individual clients with customized coaching based on their unique challenges and needs
- Lead a community of over 100 actively engaged women with weekly coaching sessions and daily posts.
- Invited to be interviewed on over seven podcasts, in addition to being guest post writer and commentator
- Grew a combined social media reach to over 5,000 people
- Integrate yogic traditions and practices into my message and client work
Marie Forleo, International, 2015 – 2017
Customer Happiness Specialist (Seasonal for B-School 2015, 2016, 2017)
Founded in 2009 and named one of Inc’s 500 fastest growing companies of 2014 with 998% 3-year growth, reaching 275,000 readers in 193 countries generating $12 million in revenue.
- Invited to be one of four seasonal team members to support Team Forleo
- Provided high touch, exceptional customer support for Marie Forleo’s B-School launch to over 300,00 potential clients.
- Delivered high level email customer service through the use of Help Scout, in conjunction with Ontraport to over 30,00 online clients
- Monitored and interacted with B-School Community Members, and Marie Forleo Community Members on social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter
- Completed and repeated extensive training program which included working through all 6 Modules of B-School, watching all 320 episodes of MarieTV and shadowing senior Customer Happiness Team Members for over 4 months
WNY Women’s Foundation, Buffalo, New York 2011 – 2013
Transformed brand of $650,000 non-profit organization. Worked with 40 Board members to develop vision and mission. Within first six months, successfully executed roll out to become independent 501c3 organization.
- Developed and unveiled new brand identity and strategy; facilitated consensus with 40 Board members regarding logo, stationary package, website and social media presence
- Led the organization through first financial audit. Auditors found no issues – substantial feat
- Created project management tool to monitor strategic initiatives from idea phase to conclusion, with benchmark measurements for each stage of evolution
- Established grants management tool for each grantee to show program effectiveness and ROI
- Led two major fundraising events that exceeded goals by raising 20% more than previous events
- Represented organization in print and television media; increased appearances by 120% in one year.
American Red Cross, Greater Buffalo Chapter, Buffalo, New York 2009 – 2011
Senior Director, Advancement
Directed fundraising activities, external and governmental relations. Raised over $1 million annually for general operating support in addition to disaster relief operations for Erie and Niagara counties
- Successfully raised $1.5 million+ for International relief efforts
- Enhanced donor and mission focus of development plan. Plan included stewardship, direct mail annual giving, major gifts, third-party and corporate support, special events, planned giving & foundation support
- Achieved 100% Board giving participation
- Executed one of the largest fundraising events: BASH brought in revenues $340,000+ from 4,000+ attendees; kept expenses to 20% of revenue
- Created AmeriCorps position to enhance social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, website)
Planned Parenthood of Western New York, Buffalo, New York 2003 – 2009
Director of Development
Provided vision and leadership to agency and fellow Executive Team members. Worked with Board of Directors, Committee and CEO to develop and execute strategic plan. Oversaw annual fund, annual cultivation and fundraising events, planned giving and grants management program.
- Became Director of Development of Planned Parenthood of Niagara County as result of strategic merger
- Implemented first major donor plan and recognition program. Implemented first multi-year giving society using Benevon (Formerly the “Raising More Money”) model of fundraising
- Developed plan resulting in an 86% increase in fundraising revenue between 2003 and 2005, successfully raising in excess of $3.5 million over six years
- Successfully led effort to change and improve fundraising plan; created new system for annual fund, major gifts and special event management
Cassidy & Associates, Washington, DC 2000 – 2002
Custodian of Records for In-House Political Action Committee
Canisius College, Buffalo, New York The Lotus Pond 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, 2016
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Achieved the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) Distinction, 2008
Published / Interviews
Software & System Experience
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn
WordPress Help Scout Lead Pages Aweber
Google Docs Hub Spot Buffer Hootsuite
Canva Ontraport Asana Slack
Edgar Later Social Sprout Bit.ly
Affiliations / Recognition
NAWBO Woman of Influence Award, 2013
Steering Committee Member, TEDxBuffaloWomen, 2013
Buffalo Business First 40 Under 40 Award, 2012
CEO Forum Member, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County- Agency Executive Association, 2011 – 2013
National Diversity Award Selection Committee, Assn. of Fundraising Professionals International, 2010
National “Planned Parenthood Fundraiser of the Year” Award, 2008
Top 100 Fundraising Team, Roswell Park Cancer Institute Alliance Foundation – Ride for Roswell, 2008
Board President, Treasurer, Board Member, Assn. of Fundraising Professionals, WNY Chapter, 2006 – 2012
Board Member, Leadership Buffalo, 2004 – 2005